Forklift Truck Driver – Isleham, Cambridge
Are you an experienced FLT driver looking for a new challenge?
Are you a safety conscious, team player?
If your answers are ‘YES!’ then please read on ……
We are looking for new FLT Drivers on our day shift!
At our Production site based in Isleham, Cambridgeshire, we are looking for a diligent, self-motivated team player who can exceed in their duties
You will join us on a fulltime permanent contract.
Our day shift operates on a Panama shift pattern arrangement which equates to 82.25 hours per fortnight. The shift times are 05:30 – 18:15.
What we can offer you
- £11.08 per hour
- Overtime available at an enhanced rate
- Refer a family member or friend to join the team and receive £250
- A safe and friendly working environment
- Life insurance of 2 x your salary
- Health and financial advice through an employee assistance programme (24/7 GP and counselling assistance!)
- Long service awards
- Be part of a fast-growing farming and food business with strong environmental and social values
- Work independently, but with support from our teams, gaining responsibilities fast
What we do
Burgess Farms is a family business. We’re dedicated to using the very best of sustainable farming techniques in our own farming and collaborating with other expert farmers. We grow the finest quality potatoes, roots & alliums which we pack ourselves to supply to our customers.
Our expertise is doing the difficult well. We love what we do and that gives us the edge in growing high quality, speciality and organic vegetables. It’s why we have long-standing partnerships with our customers in retail, wholesale and processing.
The job role
We are looking for a Forklift Driver to assist in all MHE duties and ensure all relevant processes and procedures are followed at all times. The responsibilities of the role include:
- To perform tasks within the process in accordance with sites SOP’s and Health and Safety reporting to your area’s direct line manager.
- Responsible for operating a forklift truck as required across the site and perform raw material and finished goods counts.
- Accountable for the safe and efficient operation of any FLT vehicle used
- To ensure all raw materials are correctly weighed and labelled and deposited into the correct cold store.
- To efficiently stack and store the raw material/ finish goods in the appropriate areas, move product to storage location, ensure the product count is accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances.
- Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety
- To ensure you carry out a daily start up check on your forklift as per the start up sheet
What we will be looking for in your skills set
- Valid FLT licence
- Previous experience of working in a production/warehousing environment
- Good communication skills
Get in touch today on HRSS@produceworld.co.uk for more info!