HR Generalist – Yaxley, Cambridgeshire
We’re looking for a HR Generalist
Are you an experienced HR administrator who is ready for their next step within HR?
Or maybe you have had some exposure to HR and would like an opportunity to develop professionally and personally?
This really is a development role with plenty of opportunities to expand your knowledge and your HR career.
You would be joining the team in an exciting period, ensuring that the people first approach is delivered in all that we do. We are looking for a HR Generalist to join our supportive, friendly team based at Yaxley.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner you would hold overall responsibility for all administration tasks involved in the employee life cycle at your site and be the group health and wellbeing champion. Key aspects of the role include;
- The processing of both monthly and weekly payroll.
- Taking a key role in recruitment campaigns including drafting vacancy notices, posting the job, arranging and assisting in interviews and conducting HR inductions.
- Act as the Group Health and Wellbeing Champion, which includes arranging wellbeing events across all sites, being a mental health first aider and ambassador.
- Drive involvement in community projects at all sites.
- Accountability for the site’s monthly engagement events, from idea formulation through to delivery.
- Preparing contracts of employment and issuing new starter documentation
- Maintaining accurate employee records, on both our HR system and our electronic employee files.
- Providing first line support to all our people managers and employees, escalating issues where necessary
- Supporting and assisting with employment matters such as; absence management, disciplinary and grievance proceedings.
- Playing an active role in the Employee Communication Forum
- Contributing ideas and making suggestions to improve HR processes and the employee experience
- Being a key player to drive the HR strategy
What we do
Burgess Farms is a family business. We’re dedicated to using the very best of sustainable farming techniques in our own farming and collaborating with other expert farmers. We grow the finest quality potatoes, roots & alliums which we pack ourselves to supply to our customers.
Our expertise is doing the difficult well. We love what we do and that gives us the edge in growing high quality, speciality and organic vegetables. It’s why we have long-standing partnerships with our customers in retail, wholesale and processing.
You would be joining an organisation that embraces change and challenges the norm. Supported by a team that are enthusiastic, progressive and respect one another, which we believe enables and empowers individual success.
What we’re looking for
- A strong background in HR administration
- Exposure to payroll and/or recruitment is desirable
- An individual who is self-motivated, eager to learn and has excellent attention to detail
- Key passion to develop within the HR profession
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships
- Displays integrity and respects confidentiality
- Ability to show initiative, who can work well under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude
- High level of computer accuracy including; Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication skills including written and spoken English
What we can offer
- A competitive salary ranging from £22,000 to £25,000 dependant on experience
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Engaging EAP which includes, retail discounts, 24/7 counselling, GP accessibility, financial advice, nutritional plans etc
- Life Assurance – 2 times your annual salary
- Company smart pension scheme
- Refer a Friend referral scheme
- Real opportunities to develop both professionally and personally
For more information or to apply, please get in touch today on email@example.com