Hygiene Supervisor – Isleham, Cambridgeshire
We’re looking for a Hygiene Supervisor
Are you an experienced Hygiene Supervisor who has managed a small team and would like a step up? Do you have cleaning experience within factory/production environment?
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop?
If your answers are ‘YES, that’s me!’ then please read on ……
We are looking for a Hygiene Supervisor on our night shift!
At our Production site based in Isleham, Cambridgeshire we are looking for a diligent, self-motivated team player who can exceed in their duties to help us retain our position as a leading conventional roots supplier in the UK.
You will join us on a fulltime permanent contract.
Our night shift operates on a 40 hour working week arrangement which operates on a 5 days from 7 basis. The shift times are 21:00-05:30.
What we can offer you
- £32,000 to £35,000 dependant on experience
- Refer a family member or friend to join the team and receive £250
- A safe and friendly working environment
- Life insurance of 2 x your salary
- Health and financial advice through an employee assistance programme (24/7 GP and counselling assistance!)
- Long service awards
- Be part of a fast-growing farming and food business with strong environmental and social values
- Work independently, but with support from our teams, gaining responsibilities fast
- Cycle to Work Scheme
What we do
Burgess Farms is a family business. We’re dedicated to using the very best of sustainable farming techniques in our own farming and collaborating with other expert farmers. We grow the finest quality potatoes, roots & alliums which we pack ourselves to supply to our customers.
Our expertise is doing the difficult well. We love what we do and that gives us the edge in growing high quality, speciality and organic vegetables. It’s why we have long-standing partnerships with our customers in retail, wholesale and processing.
The job role
We are looking for a Hygiene Supervisor to provide full management on the nightshift to improve performance and ensure hygiene and food safety standards are maintained. The hygiene supervisor will look to develop and engage the night hygiene team by having on site/shift presence.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure that COSHH regulations and all Health & Safety, Policies & Procedures are followed.
- Implement and maintain a thorough and complete cleaning schedule with associated procedures and systems in place to meet BRC requirements & retailer requirements
- Understanding of environmental microbiology, the effects of cleaning, the risks of poor hygiene standards and how to correct these issues through swabbing / sampling regimes.
- Develop and train the wider hygiene team operatives in existing/new cleaning practices, machinery assembly and overall ways of working whilst ensuring a full training and record keeping system is in place
- Leading the hygiene aspect of your shifts audits, inspections and visits
- Recording and acting upon KPI systems both internally and customer based.
- Ensure that the cleaning and safety equipment required by the hygiene team is used correctly and that any damage is reported
- Use forklift truck and cherry-picker for cleaning at height only when trained to do so.
- Use cleaning chemicals to the correct titration as stated on the hygiene instruction cards in conjunction with COSHH procedures.
What we will be looking for in your skills set
- Previous experience of working in a production/warehousing environment
- Previous experience in hygiene
- Experience managing a team desirable but not essential
- Good communication skills