Hygiene Supervisor – Nights, Yaxley, Cambridgeshire
We are looking for a Hygiene Supervisor to join the team on the nightshift
Do you have proven experience in a hygiene supervisor position?
Do you understand and have experience of COSHH and Health and Safety?
Do you have proven experience of managing a team?
Do you have experience within a warehousing/production environment?
Are you a positive communicator who strives on meeting and exceeding targets?
Are you happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in when the going gets tough?
If your answers are ‘YES, that’s me!’ then please read on ……
We are looking for a Hygiene Supervisor
At our Production site based in Yaxley, Peterborough we are looking for a diligent, self-motivated team player who can exceed in their duties to help us retain our position as a leading organic roots supplier in the UK.
This a full-time contract, you will join us on a permanent contract, working on a Tuesday to Saturday shift pattern, working 20:00 – 05:00, equating to 40 hours per week.
What we do
Burgess Farms is a family business. We’re dedicated to using the very best of sustainable farming techniques in our own farming and collaborating with other expert farmers. We grow the finest quality potatoes, roots & alliums which we pack ourselves to supply to our customers.
Our expertise is doing the difficult well. We love what we do and that gives us the edge in growing high quality, speciality and organic vegetables. It’s why we have long-standing partnerships with our customers in retail, wholesale and processing.
What we can offer you
- Competitive hourly rate of £14.42!
- Overtime available at an enhanced rate
- Refer a family member or friend to join the team and receive £250
- A safe and friendly working environment
- Life insurance of 2 x your salary
- Health and financial advice through an employee assistance programme (24/7 GP and counselling assistance!)
- Long service awards
- Real opportunities for development
- Be part of a fast-growing farming and food business with strong environmental and social values
- Work independently, but with support from our teams, gaining responsibilities fast
The job role
- Ensure that COSHH regulations and all Health & Safety, Company Policies and Procedures are followed.
- Implement and maintain a thorough and complete cleaning schedule with associated procedures and systems in place to meet BRC requirements & retailer requirements
- Develop and train the wider hygiene team operatives in existing/new cleaning practices, machinery assembly and overall ways of working whilst ensuring a full training and record keeping system is in place
- Leading the hygiene aspect of your shift’s audits, inspections and visits
- Recording and acting upon KPI systems both internally and customer based.
- Driving continuous improvements across the company’s approach to Hygiene
- Ensure that the cleaning and safety equipment required by the hygiene team is used correctly and that any damage is reported, removed from the area and replaced with new.
- Ensure all paperwork is signed and dated correctly and in real time.
What we will be looking for in your skills set
- Experience within a similar role
- Proven experience of managing a team
- Familiarity of working in a warehousing/production environment
- Excellent understanding and delivery of verbal and written English
- Experience of training and developing a team.
- Experience of writing training manuals/SOPs.
For more information or to apply for this role, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org