Looking for Line Leaders
At our Production site based in Yaxley, Peterborough we are looking for diligent, self-motivated team players who can exceed in their duties to help us retain our position as a leading organic roots supplier in the UK.
We are looking for a number of Line Leaders both on a panama shift pattern which equates to 77 hours per fortnight and on our night shift which includes working 4 days out of 7.
This a fulltime contract, you will join us on a permanent contract in return for the competitive hourly rate of £11.16 for days and £12.16 for nights!
Our questions to you
Do you have proven experience of managing a team?
Do you have experience within a warehousing/production environment?
Can you confidently operate production machinery with ease?
Are you a positive communicator who strives on meeting and exceeding targets?
Are you happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in when the going gets tough?
If your answers are ‘YES, that’s me!’ then please read on ……
The job role
As a Line Leader you will be ensuring that your allocated line operates at full capacity ensuring that all customer requirements are met alongside ensuring that all production and quality procedures are adhered to at all times.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Full utilisation of line resources to ensure that all customer requirements are met.
- Successfully run machinery in line with company’s SOP’s and best practices.
- Reporting issues with machinery to production management and/or engineers and escalate any issues not resolved or checked in a timely manner.
- To be instrumental in supporting the team to achieve a minimum of 95% GMP audit monthly against areas that you have control of.
- Working in collaboration with the engineering team on troubleshooting issues and suggestions for solution.
- Working collaboratively with the QA team to check and manage quality of product on your line in line with specifications.
- Managing your line team to ensure they are meeting all production targets set by the business.
- Entering key vital data to our NAV ERP System (Warehouse Management System).
- Following the requirements of the Standard Operating Procedures for the safe and legal handling of food.
- Ensuring that technical standards are met at all times without exception
Why work with us
- Be part of the UK’s leading grower of organic vegetables.
- Be part of a fast-growing farming and food business with strong environmental and social values.
- Work independently, but with support from our teams, gaining responsibilities fast.
What we will be looking for in your skills set
- Experience within a similar role
- Proven experience of managing a team
- Familiarity of working in a warehousing/production environment
- Excellent understanding and delivery of verbal and written English
- Knowledge of using a Warehouse Management System
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Leading a team: 1 year (required)