Multi Skilled Engineer – Isleham, Cambridgeshire
Are you an experienced mechanical and electrical engineer looking for a new challenge?
Are you keen to work in a hands-on engineering environment?
Are you a team player who has excellent fault-finding experience?
If your answers are ‘YES, that’s me!’ then please read on ……
We are looking for a Multi-Skilled Engineer on our day shift!
At our Production site based in Isleham, Cambridgeshire we are looking for a diligent, self-motivated team player who can exceed in their duties to help us retain our position as a leading conventional roots supplier in the UK.
You will join us on a fulltime permanent contract.
Our day shift operates on a Panama shift pattern arrangement which equates to 77 hours per fortnight. The shift times are 06:00 – 18:00.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary £40,000 per annum.
- Overtime available at an enhanced rate
- Refer a family member or friend to join the team and receive £250
- A safe and friendly working environment
- Life insurance of 2 x your salary
- Health and financial advice through an employee assistance programme (24/7 GP and counselling assistance!)
- Long service awards
- Be part of a fast-growing farming and food business with strong environmental and social values
- Work independently, but with support from our teams, gaining responsibilities fast
What we do
Burgess Farms is a family business. We’re dedicated to using the very best of sustainable farming techniques in our own farming and collaborating with other expert farmers. We grow the finest quality potatoes, roots & alliums which we pack ourselves to supply to our customers.
Our expertise is doing the difficult well. We love what we do and that gives us the edge in growing high quality, root vegetables. It’s why we have long-standing partnerships with our customers in retail, wholesale and processing.
The job role
We are looking for a Multi-Skilled Engineer to join the Engineering Department and provide an effective and professional engineering service covering key responsibilities below:
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Provider of a reactive crisis breakdown service both mechanically and electrically for the operational success of the site. Providing support and guidance for others within the team
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance, servicing schedules and overhaul of site plant, machinery and equipment in accordance with site schedules and needs
- Understand, participate and support the delivery of site performance targets
- Advise and participate in process development and continuous improvement projects as directed
- Participate and deliver engineering projects as scoped with the Head of Engineering
- Complete tasks as issued by engineering management, proactively work through engineering work requests
- Maintain the engineering log and shift hand-over, recording all aspects of work carried out on site plant, machinery and equipment, to include details of faults, remedies, parts used, relevant info and outstanding issues
- Observed risks to performance to be highlighted and escalated accordingly along with suggested remedial plans
- Reduce down-time of equipment due to limited stock holding. Advise of the need to order spares and consumable items ahead of failure and need. Maintain and control the “unit spare” overhaul process by third parties, ensuring stock levels and value expectations are achieved.
- Be open and receptive to any identified training requirements internal or external to business.
- Work alongside third-party service engineers and contractors as needs arise. Promoting the positive image of PW Isleham and the engineering department
- Adherence to Company Personal Hygiene standards
What we will be looking for in your skills set
- To have achieved City & Guilds 2323 or 17th edition (BS 7671) certification
- Previous experience of working in a production/warehousing environment
- Proven PLC and electrical control’s fault-finding training
- Exposure to a hands-on engineering environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Get in touch today to apply or to find out more on firstname.lastname@example.org