Site Technical Lead – Yaxley, Cambridgeshire
http://gentlemantraveller.com/tag/luxury/ Site Technical Lead
Are you an experienced Technical Lead looking for a new challenge?
Do you have proven experience at QA/Technical Management?
Do you have excellent communication skills and feel comfortable communicating at all levels?
Are you happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in when the going gets tough?
http://buckymoonshine.com/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=https://buckymoonshine.com/events/krissy-green-band/ If your answers are ‘YES, that’s me!’ then please read on ……
Thika We are looking for a Site Technical Lead on a Fixed Term Contract (9 Months)
At our Production site based in Yaxley, Peterborough we are looking for a diligent, compliance focused, team player who can exceed in their duties to help us retain our position as a leading organic roots supplier in the UK.
You will join us on a 9 month fixed term contract.
You will be working on the day shift, 08:00 -17:00, Monday to Friday.
What we can offer you
- Pro rata salary of £35,000 per annum
- Refer a family member or friend to join the team and receive £250
- A safe and friendly working environment
- Life insurance of 2 x your salary
- Health and financial advice through an employee assistance programme (24/7 GP and counselling assistance!)
- Real opportunities for development
- Be part of a fast-growing farming and food business with strong environmental and social values
- Work independently, but with support from our teams, gaining responsibilities fast
What we do
Produce World Group is a family business. We’re dedicated to using the very best of sustainable farming techniques in our own farming and collaborating with other expert farmers. We grow the finest quality potatoes, roots & alliums which we pack ourselves to supply to our customers.
Our expertise is doing the difficult well. We love what we do and that gives us the edge in growing high quality, speciality and organic vegetables. It’s why we have long-standing partnerships with our customers in retail, wholesale and processing.
The job role
- Manage the site QMS and HACCP systems. Develop and improve the existing systems.
- Lead, coach and develop the technical team, managing all personnel aspects.
- Be the lead contact for designated customers, working with them to ensure all their requirements are agreed and communicated effectively internally.
- Monitor and delivery site quality KPIs through continuous improvement activities.
- Lead the site BRC, Assured Produce and Organics audit
- Manage the rejection process ensuring full root cause analysis and corrective/preventative action plan is in place via a multidiscipline team approach.
- Manage the pest control systems for the site and ensure any follow up actions raised during pest control visits are completed.
- Develop and lead a robust internal audit system to ensure procedures and policies essential for the control of processes, product quality and traceability exist and are fully adhered to.
Ideally you will have experience of:
- Quality systems, retailer requirements and auditing
- Working within the food industry.
What we’re looking for from you:
- A degree in Food Technology or a related discipline or proven QA Management/Technical management experience.
- Intermediate or Advanced HACCP qualification.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop strong relationships.
- Strong planning, organising, analytical/problem solving and time management skills with the ability to deal with conflicting demands.
- Ability to challenge the ‘norm’, be practical and understanding when implementing change