Technical Operator – Parsnips – Isleham, Cambridgeshire
Technical Operator – Parsnips
Do you have experience of being a Production Machine Operator or Technical Operator? Or would like the opportunity to learn these new skills?
Are you a positive and motivated communicator who strives in meeting and exceeding targets?
Are you looking for a job you can start straight away?
If your answers are ‘YES, that’s me!’ then please read on ……
We are looking for a Technical Operator on our day shift!
At our Production site based in Isleham, Cambridgeshire we are looking for a diligent, self-motivated team player who can exceed in their duties to help us retain our position as a leading conventional roots supplier in the UK.
You will join us on a fulltime permanent contract.
Our day shift operates on a 40 hour shift pattern arrangement, working 5 days out of 7. The shift times can vary but core working hours are between 07:00 and 18:00.
What we can offer you
- £11.30 per hour
- Overtime available at an enhanced rate
- Refer a family member or friend to join the team and receive £250
- A safe and friendly working environment
- Life insurance of 2 x your salary
- Health and financial advice through an employee assistance programme (24/7 GP and counselling assistance!)
- Long service awards
- Be part of a fast-growing farming and food business with strong environmental and social values
- Work independently, but with support from our teams, gaining responsibilities fast
What we do
Burgess Farms is a family business. We’re dedicated to using the very best of sustainable farming techniques in our own farming and collaborating with other expert farmers. We grow the finest quality potatoes, roots & alliums which we pack ourselves to supply to our customers.
Our expertise is doing the difficult well. We love what we do and that gives us the edge in growing high quality, speciality and organic vegetables. It’s why we have long-standing partnerships with our customers in retail, wholesale and processing.
The job role
We are looking for a Technical Operator who will be responsible for ensuring that the line runs with an emphasis on safety, quality, cost and delivery. The responsibilities of the role include:
The responsibilities of the role include:
- At the start of each production shift, ensure that all relevant line pre-start checks have been carried out and signed off. Confirm that any follow-up actions required have been reported to the Shift Coordinator.
- Ensure that you monitor the upkeep of the machinery and ensure that it operates to its fullest potential
- To monitor the quality of the raw material and finished product on line to customer specifications, also ensuring the utilizing of the raw material
- Must have a good understanding and knowledge of customer specifications with the ability to flag any out of specification material via the escalation process.
- Accurately complete all relevant documentation and record required data in Navision.
- Minimise downtime on the line, via the optimisation of machine running speeds and targets.
- Have a good understanding of the line KPI’s, reporting any out of target areas to the Senior Tech Op
- Responsible for ensuring work area is tidy whilst maintaining GMP standards
- To ensure that hygiene standards within the factory and machinery are maintained
- Accurate recording of information relating to quality of product or its constituent parts, including pre-start checks and quality index, at product changes during production. Ensuring any appropriate action is taken when out of specification occurs.
- Adhere to the current factory KPI’s and promote continuous improvement
What we will be looking for in your skills set
- Previous experience of working in a production/warehousing environment
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience managing a small team within a KPI driven environment
- Great teamwork and collaboration
To apply or find out more information on the role, get in touch today on firstname.lastname@example.org