Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £13.42 Per Hour
Are you a Line Leader? OR Are you an experienced machine and technical operator who is looking to step up in their career?
Do you want to opportunity to make a real difference within the workplace?
Are you happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in when the going gets tough?
If your answers are ‘YES, that’s me!’ then please read on……
We are looking for Line Leaders!
At our Production site based in Isleham, Cambridgeshire we are looking for a diligent, self-motivated team player who can exceed in their duties to help us retain our position as a leading conventional roots supplier in the UK.
You will join us on a fulltime permanent contract.
Our day shift operates on a Panama shift pattern arrangement which equates to 80.5 hours per fortnight. Every other Weekend off!
The Job Role
Reporting directly to the shift supervisor, you will play a key role in ensuring that we meet quality standards and complete all customers orders on time.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for managing the staff allocated to your line, to ensure they are meeting all production targets set by the business.
- Manage your line team to ensure they are following all company procedures and processes e.g. Clean as you go.
- Manage agency staff working on your line and actively check understanding of what is required of them. Support them if they are struggling to understand.
- Run machinery in line with company’s SOP’s and best practices.
- Be fully competent in all production lines across the site and deliver consistent performance in line with KPI’s.
- Report issues with machinery to production management and/or engineers and escalate any issues not resolved or checked in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with the QA team to check and manage quality of product on your line in line with specifications.
- Actively seek areas for improvement in yourself and your line team.
- Set examples within the team in matters of health and safety – ensuring near misses/accidents are reported in a timely manner. Also encourage team members to do the same.
- Support the site to be audit ready at all times.
What we can offer you
- Overtime available at 1.25%
- Refer a family member or friend to join the team and receive £250
- A safe and friendly working environment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance of 2 x your salary
- Medicash Health Cash plan for you and your family
- Health and financial advice through an employee assistance programme (24/7 GP and counselling assistance!)
- Long service awards
- Be part of a fast-growing farming and food business with strong environmental and social values
- Work independently, but with support from our teams, gaining responsibilities fast
What we are looking for
- Previous experience as a Machine/Technical Operator or Line Leader.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- A real team player with a positive attitude to implement change.
- An ability to show initiative and to work collaboratively with others across the business.
Burgess Farms is an equal opportunities employer, which means we’ll consider all suitability qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic.