Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Operations / Production Manger who is looking for the next step in their career?
Do you want to opportunity to make a real difference within the workplace?
Are you happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in when the going gets tough?
If your answers are ‘YES, that’s me!’ then please read on ……
We are looking for an Operations Manager!
At our Production site based in Isleham, we are looking for a team player who can exceed in their duties to help us retain our position as a leading fresh produce supplier in the UK. We’re dedicated to using the very best of sustainable farming techniques in our own farming and collaborating with other expert farmers. We grow the finest quality potatoes, root vegetables which we pack ourselves to supply to our customers.
You will join us on a fulltime, permanent contract.
The shift pattern will be on a Panama shift pattern, from 5:30 to 18:15, equating to 82.25 hours per fortnight.
The job role
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to oversee the day to day running of the production areas (washing, trimming, packing, etc…).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure production targets are met in order to deliver or exceed budget expectations
- Create clear succession plans and flexibility within the department
- Producing and reporting on daily and weekly information that explains any variances to standard including labour, pack out %, giveaway, efficiencies, accidents and positive release failures have an action plan to deal with these variances.
- Lead and embed a culture of awareness and adherence to all health and safety measures
- Ensure through your teams that the customer specifications are met and the site is compliant to relevant standards
- Ensure all start up checks are completed accurately, actioning any work that is flagged.
- Use GMP results to trend reoccurring issues and find permanent solutions to improve the overall GMP performance
- Ensure Non-conformances are dealt with in a timely manner
- Take ultimate responsibility for all aspects of labour requirements across the Isleham site.
- Drive a culture of performance within each of your department’s functions, ensuring that they have an adequate number of trained individuals to meet the workload and ensure any needs are met through a documented training plan.
- Responsible for any training/disciplinary action within the team in line with HR processes
- Ensure areas are in clear control through managing presence on the factory floor.
What we can offer you
- Refer a family member or friend to join the team and receive £250
- A safe and friendly working environment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance of 2 x your salary
- Medicash Health Cash plan for you and your family
- Health and financial advice through an employee assistance programme (24/7 GP and counselling assistance!)
- Long service awards
- Be part of a fast-growing farming and food business with strong environmental and social values
- Work independently, but with support from our teams, gaining
What we are looking for
- 5 Years in a similar role
- Strong management experience in a food production environment
- Agency contract management
- Data analysis
- Time spent served in boots on ground roles
- Confidence in delivering and briefing information to all levels across the busines
- Positive mindset to drive improvements
- A real team player with a ‘roll your sleeves up’ attitude
- Strong commitment to develop others
- Collaborative approach to rectifying mistakes
Burgess Farms is an equal opportunities employer, which means we’ll consider all suitability qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic.