We’re looking for a Despatch Operative
Do you have experience of being a Despatch Operative or FLT Driver? Or would like the opportunity to learn these new skills?
Are you a positive and motivated communicator who strives in meeting and exceeding targets?
Are you looking for a job you can start straight away?
If your answers are ‘YES, that’s me!’ then please read on ……
We are looking for a Despatch Operative!
At our Production site based in Isleham, Cambridgeshire we are looking for a diligent, self-motivated team player who can exceed in their duties to help us retain our position as a leading conventional roots supplier in the UK.
You will join us on a fulltime permanent contract.
Our day shift operates on a 4 on 4 off pattern arrangement which equates to 48 hours a week and 36 hours a week rotating.
What we can offer you
What we do
Burgess Farms is a family business. We’re dedicated to using the very best of sustainable farming techniques in our own farming and collaborating with other expert farmers. We grow the finest quality potatoes, roots & alliums which we pack ourselves to supply to our customers.
Our expertise is doing the difficult well. We love what we do and that gives us the edge in growing high quality, speciality and organic vegetables. It’s why we have long-standing partnerships with our customers in retail, wholesale and processing.
The job role
Reporting directly to the Despatch Team Leader you will play a key role in ensuring product is despatched, safely, correctly and in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities Include:
– Communicate with hauliers and internal customers.
– To make up customer orders, and load the order onto the haulier vehicles using hand held scanners to pick and load.
– Print despatch tickets as required and get proof of collection via driver signature.
– Ensure all trailers are set to the correct temperatures and this is documented on (especially if loading a trunk vehicle that will be collected later)
– Use a software to post/ship orders
– Ensure that correct dated product is loaded and only roll back on the agreement of the Departmental Managers/Shift Manager/Planning Team
– Valid FLT licence
– Previous experience of working in a production/warehousing environment
– Good communication skills
To find out more or to apply, get in touch on email@example.com