Location: Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire
Salary: £12.52 per hour
Are you an experienced Machine Operative who is looking to step up in their career?
Do you want to opportunity to make a real difference within the workplace?
Are you happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in when the going gets tough?
If your answers are ‘YES, that’s me!’ then please read on……
We are looking for an enthusiastic Machine Operative to join our Sutton Bridge team.
At our Production site based in Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire, we are looking for a friendly, team player who can exceed in their duties to help us retain our position as a leading fresh produce supplier in the UK. We’re dedicated to using the very best of sustainable farming techniques in our own farming and collaborating with other expert farmers. We grow the finest quality potatoes, root vegetables which we pack ourselves to supply to our customers.
You will join us on a full-time permanent contract.
The shift pattern will be 4on – 4off, 06:00am to 18:00pm
- Manage the line on a day-to-day basis and achieve daily performance measures, OEE, Labour Productivity, PPM
- Work as a Team with line staff, Shift Manager, Quality Auditor and Production Manager to meet the required standards.
- Lead by example to promote Health and Safety at work.
- Dispense online training and mentoring of new starters.
- Take responsibility to ensure all start-up/shut down checks are carried out.
- Ensure all job information is correctly input into the ice printers, i.e., variety, grower code, date, grower.
- Carry out required quality control checks to ensure this meets each customer specification.
What we can offer you
- Subsidised canteen / free lunches
- Discounted staff sales
- Free employee events
- Overtime available at an enhanced rate
- Refer a family member or friend to join the team and receive £250
- A safe and friendly working environment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance of 2 x your salary
- Medicash Health Cash plan for you and your family
- Health and financial advice through an employee assistance programme (24/7 GP and counselling assistance!)
- Long service awards
- Be part of a fast-growing farming and food business with strong environmental and social values
- Work independently, but with support from our teams, gaining responsibilities fast.
What we are looking for
- Experience in a similar role is essential with food industry experience desirable.
- Ideally you will have experience of running a high-speed packing line in a time pressured environment.
- Experience of FMCG and food manufacturing is desirable but not essential.
- Friendly and personal with excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with good attention to detail.
Burgess Farms is an equal opportunities employer, which means we’ll consider all suitability qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic.